Keeping your gums in good condition is important for good dental health. Perhaps even more importantly, uncontrolled, long term chronic gum inflammation places you at an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, arthritis and other health problems. This is why treatment and prevention of your gum inflammation is so important to improve and protect your overall health. Healthy gums never bleed.
How can you tell if you have Gum Disease?
- Healthy gums NEVER bleed
- Red, inflamed gums
- Receding gums
- Bad breath
- Any change in the way your teeth fit together
- Loose teeth
How to reduce your risk of Gum Desease.
- Improve your body’s ability to heal your inflammation.
- Proper diet rich in vegetables and fruits
- Moderate exercise
- Develop your effective personal stress management program
- Multivitamin/mineral and antioxidant supplements.
How to reduce or eliminate the contributing causes of your inflammation.
- Effective preventive home care – brushing, flossing
- Schedule professional cleanings with your hygienist as recommended.
- Make your mouth easy to clean. For example, straighten crowded, overlapped teeth; renew broken or leaking fillings. Eliminate orcorrect other contributing factors such as smoking and clenching and grinding.
- Consult your physician or pharmacist about your medications and medical conditions.
- Periowave Therapy to eliminate gum disease causing bacteria around your gums.